Careers Advice & Guidance
All students are entitled to careers education, information, advice and guidance as part of the Langton Journey.
From Year 7 to Year 13 you are entitled to, and will receive:
- regular personal support and information on how well you are doing
- comprehensive programmes of personalised support and guidance through key transition times including Year 8 Mini Options, Year 9 Options, Post 16 and Post 18 decision making
- guidance of all opportunities, as part of the careers programme, on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point
- clear and impartial information, advice and guidance about all the options available so that you can make informed choices and decisions
- at every stage of your education, support and guidance to help you to make choices on the most appropriate next step, including further education, higher education, training or employment
- guidance on how to make high quality applications for the full range of opportunities available to you
- a detailed programme of careers education delivered through tutorials, assemblies, PSHEE, careers lessons and events to help you identify and develop skills/qualities to support your transition from school into the world of work and/or further learning
- many opportunities to learn about the world of work from employers, on workplace visits and through events
- a range of employability learning experiences and exposure to a wide range of occupational sectors
- independent and impartial information, advice and guidance is available from the careers advisor, and a wide range of employers, further and higher education providers
National Careers Service (NCS) – The NCS provides information, advice and guidance to help students make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice, and is supported by qualified careers advisers. The NCS has a number of specific aims to help students with careers decisions and planning; support students in reviewing skills and abilities and develop new goals; enable students to make the best use of high quality career related tools. Click here to find out more information.